Sep 11, 2014

Feelin' Good!


Last night was an incredible improvement from the night before! He was still restless at first, but settled back into a good sleep for most of the night. When I woke up in the morning, I felt like a new woman! Haha ok, but really, a good night's sleep does miracles for me...

Kal was on a roller coaster of happy and grumpy this morning, but actually settled down to sleep and got a good nap in.
During one of his grumpy moments: Guess what finally calmed him down? Looking at himself in selfie mode on my phone's camera. Vain much?! This guy... Hahahaha.

When he woke up, he was feeling good and happy again. He was chattering, flirting with the nurses and nurse techs, and smiling a lot. P.S. for those who don't know, his skin is peeling so bad like that as an after affect from the chemo he received before. First, that particular type of chemo he received darkens the skin. Then, it's almost like a sunburn, except it's the chemo kind of burning your skin and after it peels off like a sunburn would. After a little while, he was grumpy again, so I tried to put him down for another nap, and guess what, he actually slept and got another good nap in! When he woke up, he seemed so much more well rested compared to yesterday. Even his night shift nurse tonight (who also had him last night) kept on commenting how rested and content he looked today, which is way better than he looked yesterday. She's right; the difference between him yesterday and today are seriously like night and day!
I wanted to document his skin like this before it peeled more, back to normal.
I actually think he's awfully cute with his skin like this! (P.S. Can you tell that most of his amazing, long eyelashes have almost all fallen out? Darn it... I hope they grow back as long as they were!)

The only issues Kal had today were slight irritability at times, throwing up once, and having a hard time getting weaned off his oxygen. Whenever we would try to lower it, his oxygen level would dip down and go back up, for a good while. The doctors are saying it's very possible Kal may go home needing a little oxygen help here and there. That's no big deal, though. That won't be terms to keeping us here. They are saying he can hopefully be discharged tomorrow if the rest of his symptoms/issues stay at bay, despite his oxygen levels dipping down. Whoop whoop!

Thank you for your prayers! I can see and feel how your prayers strengthened and blessed my son to feel so much better today. It is incredible the difference in him between yesterday and today. I can't get over it. I can hardly comprehend how big of a difference it is. All I can do is praise and thank God for these blessings today and thank you all for your love, thoughts, and prayers you sent up to God on our behalf!

Oooh! I can't get enough of this smile! I'm just soaking it all up whenever I can. (;

No comments:

Post a Comment