Aug 18, 2014

Day +18: Withdrawal

 
Well, last night was rally amazing. I seriously didn't even wake up until about 6:30, but then was able to go right back to sleep because Kal was still sleeping. I hardly heard a peep out of him of his nurse the whole night. It was kind of crazy- I woke up and was confused and surprised at how light it was outside already. Man, I needed that, especially for the day that was ahead of me.

The doctors wanted to take him off of the morphine pump and increase his IV meds to oral meds all together. Since he was cute off from his prescription, he has had withdrawal symptoms- nausea, diarrhea, shaking, and excessive yawning. Poor guy! He seriously threw up like 9 times today, and many other times gagging. Seriously?! 9 TIMES. I feel so bad for how his throat must ache right now. We'll see what the doctors will have to say about all that tomorrow morning during rounds. The good thing is that I was able to speak to Kal's NP regarding all of these changes. She is now on my side, so I think she will be our advocate from now on. (:
So content after his sponge bath today
He even cracked a smile every now and then.




After receiving a platelet transfusion, Kal has perked up much more today. It took longer to get some platelets up here for him, sinc ethey had run out of the platelets that were of his blood type.


Jonald, my mom, and Kayelee came to visit and come to church with me today. After church, Kal started to have moments where his 'old self' would shine through. He was certainly smiling a lot. Sometimes he would even shake his head from side to side when he's overly happy, and I'm pretty sure I got a half gurgly laugh just for a second today! He's on his was to getting a  tiny bit better every day. Woohoo! (:
I was playing pee-a-boo with Kal and he was really enjoying it!
Oh, happy boy! That sweet smile is back!

No comments:

Post a Comment