Aug 4, 2014

Day +4: Swimmin' All Day

"God's answers to our prayers do not always come immediately- sometimes they do not appear to come at all- but God knows what is best for His children. Assuredly, one day we will see more clearly; and on that day we will recognize the goodness and generosity of heaven."
-President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "God's Harvest," August 2014 Ensign

My husband and I were able to attend church today at the hospital again. Since it is the first Sunday of the month, it was a Fast & Testimony meeting. For those who don't know what this is, for the first Sunday of each month, members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints fast (some do it for 24 hours, and some for 2 meals worth) for a specific reason that we are praying about. During church on that day is when members of the church are free to go up to the stand and share their testimony (basically their testament of faith and belief). Anyway, it was really good to hear from the people who got up and shared their testimonies today. I mean, we are all going through some sort of trial. The Spirit can be felt so strong at times because I feel as though angels are surrounding each person in that room to strengthen them through their trials. The room may not be full, but it feels full, if that makes sense.

There was a woman who came up to speak who I thought had an interesting point. There is the saying how God will not give you things you can not handle. She said she doesn't quite believe that is true. She feels that in some times, you're faced with a trial that is just too much and you can't handle. That's when Christ steps in to strengthen us. She said she feels that we may not be able to handle certain trials, but then God gives us the strength so we are able to handle them. Without God, we just couldn't do it, but with God, we become stronger and we are helped through the trial we are faced with. Being with what we have gone and are going through, I thought she had a pretty valid point, there.

Besides going to church today, what else did we do?  We went swimming! Haha yeahhhh, except not the kind of swimming that comes to mind at first. Bascially, Kal threw up 5 times today. Let's just say I'm sitting here in my 4th outfit of the day.

I feel so bad for his nurses, though, because they have to keep coming in and help me clean up everything. Even though Kal is already on an anti-nausea medicine, the nurse decided today that we should try to give him some Benny (Benadryl) every so often to help keep the nausea at bay. I'm still not sure whether he is throwing up so much because he is nauseous or whether he just gets that awful mucous stuck in the wrong place at the wrong time. He's still really happy most of the time when he isn't throwing up. He is still flirting with the nurses as much as ever. So, it doesn't look like he's nauseous or feeling sicky. We even tried a different kind of formula to see if that would make a difference or if it was bothering his tummy, but it didn't change anything.
Sportin' his mohawk after bathtime. He wasn't up for smiling...
4 pumps running for Kal at the same time this morning- TPN, lipids, Benny, and and anti-rejection medicine
This silly boy didn't want to smile for me or the camera today. :(
The last vomiting session Kal had, right before bed, made me feel so sad and sorry for him. (Warning: This might get a little TMI). After he threw up the initial stuff, he was dry heaving a few more times after that. I mean, if throwing up didn't already make you feel yucky, dry heaving makes everything feel worse. I tried to catch it with my hands, but to no avail. My shoes were then in a little lake on the floor.

Oh well. I still love you, sweet baby boy!
I tried to catch it- FAIL.

No comments:

Post a Comment