Aug 30, 2014

Day +31: Priceless Moments


Today was pretty chill. Last night, Kal temporarily woke up a few times due to getting his vitals, but what else is new? I was talking to another parent, who agreed that we have no idea how we are surviving on so little sleep. In fact, we almost have more energy on some days here than we did at home when we got more sleep? Go figure. I say it's "survival mode."

Snoozing during his first nap of the day. Mama's soaking up the snuggles!
Kal's ANC went back down to 800 again and his markers for whatever fungal test came back in higher. The doctors didn't seem too concerned, though. They said since Kal is not having any signs of fevers or other symptoms, they'll just take those numbers not so seriously. (Remember, that's because these fungal markers are only an indication of fungus present, but may or may not actually reflect an actual fungal infection present.)

Getting a little "tummy time" in- he's doing so much better with it lately!
Also, Kal threw up maybe 2-3 times today? My memory tends to blend the daily events together lately, despite writing these blog entries. (Good thing I am writing these, or I might have gone way off the deep end of crazy by now! Hahaha.) Throwing up and being gaggy is totally normal, though. Kal just wasn't the happiest during those times, though. On the other hand, most of the day, Kal was pretty happy and alert. He is playing more, which makes me happy, too.

Kal's face when I handed him a rubber ducky to play with, and made it quack/squeak for him. Priceless!
Jonald and Kayelee came to visit tonight. Kal perked up when he saw Jonald. I love it! Jonald took his turn holding Kal and giving him snuggles while I played with Kayelee. Kal was so happy and comfy in his daddy's arms; he just relaxed and snuggled up to Jonald's arm. It melted my heart! This was one of those sweet moments as a parent you hope you'll never forget.

Loving these Daddy snuggles right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment