Aug 25, 2014

Day +26: Roller Coaster Baby

Let To-morrow take care of to-morrow;
Leave things of the future to fate;
What's the use to anticipate sorrow,
Life's troubles come never too late!
IF to hope overmuch be an error,
'Tis one that the wise have preferred;
And how often have hearts been in terror
Of evils that never occurred! 
Have faith- and thy faith shall sustain thee-
Permit not suspicion and care
With invisible bounds to enchain thee,
But bear what God gives thee to bear.
By His spirit supported and gladdened;
Be ne'er by "forebodings" deterred;
But think of how oft hearts have been saddened
By fear of what never occurred! 
Let to-morrow take care of to-morrow;
Short and dark as our life may appear,
We may make it still darker by sorrow-
Still shorter by folly and fear!
Half our troubles are half our invention;
And often from blessings conferred
Have we shrunk in the wild apprehension
Of evils-that never occurred!  
-"Imaginary Evils," by Charles Swain

Last night was rough. Reaaaaalllly rough. He had a fever around 11, which took him a little bit to get back to sleep. Then another fever around 4 a.m. He was so fussy and fighting me the whole time I was trying to rock, bounce, and hum to him to get him to settle down. Around 5 a.m., I gave up because he still wasn't asleep. At that point, I put him in his crib to fend for himself and went to bed. I was so exhausted at that point that I had been falling asleep rocking him in the chair, and at times I could feel my arms relax in my half-awake state. I was scared I was going to drop him, so I thought it was best to just let him kick out and fall asleep on his own so I could catch some more sleep. Around 6:30 a.m., he was crying again. I don't even know if he fell asleep or not. After trying to rock, bounce, and hum him back to sleep, I had to give up again and put him in his crib while I went back to bed. Sometime after that, he must have fallen back asleep on his own, because when I woke up around 9, he was just waking up again.

All worn out after a crazy night... yeah baby, you think you're tired! Heh heh...
The doctors didn't have anything new so say, pretty much. It was just the same thing- "Well, his fevers are still farther apart than they were, so that's a good sign. We just need to get rid of these fevers for a little while before he can go home."

During the morning, he was very happy and growling at the nurse (in a playful manner). He's usually much happier in the mornings compared to the rest of the day. As the day went on, though, Kal has been on a roller coaster of emotions- going from being silly to screaming his head off in a manner of seconds. It is very tiring. He was fighting me as I was trying to get him to nap earlier. Eventually he did take a nap, and I grabbed that opportunity to catch a short nap myself for the sake of my sanity, haha.

Snapped a pic during one of his happier/calmer moments
In the afternoon, my aunt visited me and brought me lunch. Soon after, my Bishop from our home ward swung by to see Kal. After that, my sweet friend from the ward also dropped by, around the same time as Jonald showed up. It was great and theraputic to chat with everyone. I love visitors, especially after a rough day and night! (Hint, hint, haha... just kidding... but not really kidding)!   (;

Kal had a fever pop up around noon today, but after that one subsided, he hasn't had another one since then. Say whaaaaat?! That's a wonderful sign! Hopefully we're done with the fevers.. or maybe Heavenly Father knew I needed a break by the time the afternoon rolled around, hahaha! Either way, we'll just have to see how tonight goes, though. Here's to hoping!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, so tough! Poor Kal and poor you. Here's to hoping his fever will stay away now. You both deserve some good rest!

    ReplyDelete