Aug 27, 2014

Day +28: Boom Shakalaka!



Kal slept awesome through the whole night, minus the one time he woke up when the nurse was taking vitals at 4 a.m. and had to be rocked back to sleep. But still, except for that little part, we both slept awesome! Ahh to feel somewhat rested again...! Because of that, I think it helped Kal feel better and be in a happier mood today as well. That has been a blessing to see him feeling better and getting back to his old self again, bit by bit. He even had a moment of genuine mini giggles as I was bouncing his around today. In my mind, that is the first moment I have seen my "old Kal" and his cute facial expressions in quite some time. What a strength that has given me! :)
Getting a little exercise in the Bumbo and looking like a cutie pie
Kal had another CT scan today, but this tome for his head, as well as an enchocardiogram. They wanted to be safe and make sure no infection was hiding in those places. Thankfully, everything is all clear and normal! What a wonderful blessing it is to take out the scary possibilities and have the relief that this infection might be almost gone once and for all!

AND guess what else?! Kal has not had a fever since noon yesterday! That means if he can keep the fevers away by tomorrow noon, we're on the verge of finally being discharged and going home! Woot woot! What a miracle!

"Can't you tell I'm excited to soon leave all my nurses that admire me here at the hospital? #sadface"
After that, we just need to tie up some loose ends, which includes things such as: making sure he can keep his platelet levels high enough and long enough as well as getting all of his medications switched over from IV to be given through his NG tube. I'm not sure what else needs to happen before we're given the "ok" to go home. But still, it is on the horizon!

*Happy dance for this mama!*

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I was just noticing the difference between his "profile pic" on the right column and the bumbo pic above! He's growing up! Despite his medical "adventures" he's continued to progress. Before long he'll outweigh Kayelee. =)

    ReplyDelete